Image Map

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

White Dog Cafe @ Vivocity, Singapore

Last Friday, Peiyi and yours truly headed to Vivocity with not a single idea what to eat. Although I frequent this mall oftenly, I wanted to try something I never had. It is when we stumbled upon Barcelos Chicken and White Dogs Cafe, I had quite a hard time deciding, before we settled for the latter. After approximately 15 minutes of waiting, we were ushered to a table near the entrance, not what I hoped I'd get because I would really like a table with a Sentosa view.

I ordered their Seafood Marinara (S$14.00) - the linguine pasta is cooked al-dente, but the sauce can do with a little more salt. Their portion of seafood is larger than usual, with a generous serving of succulent prawns, mussels and squid rings. However, I thought that the overall appearance can be improved. (Currently, it looks like the chef dumped the whole chunk of seafood-mixed pasta on the plate.)


Peiyi had their special set menu, which includes Grilled Half Chicken, Soup of the day (which you can upgrade to premium for S$1) and a glass of drink. The upgraded appetizer tasted lumpy, which is already a huge down point. But at least the garlic bread tastes crispy and fragrant. 


For the Grilled Half Chicken, we substituted the french fries with a really bowl of mashed potatos. It also comes with coleslaw salad and their signature peri-peri sauce. The chicken is soft and tender, with the flavour of the seasoning fully absorbed. I highly recommend eating together with the spicy sauce.


White Dog Cafe is one of the restaurants that I will visit again, but not in the near future. The next time I visit, I'll definitely book earlier to get a table with the panoramic scenery and of course, to save myself the waiting time.

  

White Dog Cafe

Tel: +65 6376 9970

Opening Hours
Daily: 11.30am – 9.45pm

1 Harbourfront Walk
#02-131/132
Vivocity